Poverty Alleviation and Sustainable Development Programmes
Poverty Alleviation and Sustainable Development are core areas of OPAD focus, the organization implements and supports many projects connected to poverty eradication in developing Countries. OPAD believes that to eradicate poverty involves the strategic use of tools such as education, economic development, health promotion and income redistribution to improve the livelihoods of the people. In general OPAD aims to improve the quality of life for those people currently living in poverty.
To realize the Goal of Poverty Alleviation in Developing Countries; OPAD concentrate its efforts towards:
1. Promotion of Local innovations and initiatives promoting self-reliance among men, women and youths living in under developed Countries and bear the brunt of poverty in all its dimensions according to UN definitions.
2. Lobbying and Advocacy for equal rights to economic resources among men and women, as well as access to basic services for under privileged children , ownership and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, appropriate new technology and financial services, including microfinance.
3. Working with small-scale food producers, in particular women, indigenous peoples, family farmers, pastoralists and fishers to improve their income and source of livelihood.
4. Promoting universal access to sexual and reproductive health-care services, including for family planning, information and education, and the integration of reproductive health into national strategies and programmes in under developed Countries.
5. Inspire Communal equal access to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education for female and male youths living in developing Countries.